Prepare your falafels mix. Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- 1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed and patted dry)
- 1 small brown onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup green peas (defrosted, patted dry)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 lemon (zest)
- 1 cup fresh parsley (loosely packed)
- 1 cup fresh coriander (loosely packed)
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds (toasted)
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- To make the falafels add chickpeas to a blender, nutribullet or food processor, blend until the texture is chunkier than a fine crumb. Place into a large bowl.
- Add onion and garlic to the blender, blend until paste like. Add green peas, ground cumin, ground coriander, cumin seeds, lemon and fresh herbs; blend until well combined. (If you are blending in a nutribullet you will need to be patient and may need to stir and shake intermittently to make sure all the ingredients are blended together)
- Add the herb and pea mix to the chickpeas, add flour and sesame seeds; mix well to fully combine all the ingredients. Roll into 20 small falafels just before you cook them.
Prepare the dressing for the cucumber. Store in an airtight jar or container in the fridge.
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Add all the ingredients to a jar, shake well.
Prepare the garlic yoghurt sauce for the cucumber. Store in an airtight jar or container in the fridge.
- ⅓ cup greek yoghurt
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove (crushed)
- Add all the ingredients to a jar or container, mix well. Bring to room temperature before serving.