1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp olive oil
1 Tbsp miso paste
2 sprigs of thyme (roughly chopped)
2 garlic cloves (crushed)
400g agria potatoes (chopped into small bite size pieces)
2 small leeks (chopped into 1cm rounds)
1 cup frozen peas
4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
100g sour cream
1. In a large pot heat a knob of butter and a drizzle of oil (the oil helps prevent the butter from burning)
2. Add the leeks, garlic and thyme sauté for 3 – 4 minutes, until softened and translucent.
3. Add the potatoes, peas and miso and stir well.
4. Add the stock, and bring to the boil then reduce to a simmer and cover with a lid.
5. Cook until potatoes are tender; this should take around 20 – 25 minutes.
6. Add the sour cream to the soup.
7. Use a stick blender to blend the soup to a smooth and creamy consistency. Add more liquid if you feel it needs thinning.
8. Serve with toast of choice and lashings of butter.
If you’d like to make this vegan friendly or dairy-free use vegetable stock and instead of sour cream, add 1/4 cup of cashews to the soup at the same time as the potatoes so they can soften before blending.