Pre-roll the rissoles up to 2 days before cooking. Store in an airtight container in the fridge. *make sure to separate layers with baking paper.
- 500g beef mince
- 1 egg
- ½ cup sourdough bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper
- ½ a portion of pesto or (2 Tbsp)
- In a large bowl add mince, egg, breadcrumbs, ½ of the basil pesto, and salt; mix with your hands until evenly distributed.
- Gently roll rissole mixture into balls (slightly bigger than a golf ball), then press to flatten to 1.5cm thick.
Pre make the pesto. Store in an airtight container or jar in the fridge
- 1 small lemon (juice)
- 3 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1.5 cups of basil
- 1 small clove of garlic
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts (toasted)
- ¼ cup of parmesan (grated)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Combine the lemon juice, olive oil, basil and garlic into a blender or food processor and blend for a few seconds until combined. Add the pine nuts, parmesan, salt and pepper; blend for a few more seconds until fully incorporated. (you will use half this pesto in the rissoles and half in a dressing)