Chop zucchini and asparagus. Store separately in the fridge.
Make the chutney . Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 brown onion
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- ½ red chilli
- 2 Tbsp honey
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar or balsamic
- Add oil to a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat, add onion, capsicum and season with salt.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add cherry tomatoes, chilli, honey and vinegar.
- Simmer over a low heat for another 10-15 minutes until all the liquid has been absorbed.
Make the pickled onions. Store in an airtight jar in the fridge.
- ½ red onion (finely sliced)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Slice a red onion as finely as possible and add to a glass jar.
- In a small saucepan add the water, vinegar, sugar and salt
- Bring to the boil and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the boiling vinegar mixture over the onions and let sit for at least an hour before putting the lid on and placing them in the fridge.