Make the pickled onions (store in a glass jar in the fridge).
- 1 red onion (finely sliced)
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp peppercorns (optional)
- ½ tsp coriander seeds (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin seeds (optional)
- Add the sliced red onion to a glass jar.
- In a small saucepan add the water, vinegar, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil and then remove from the heat.
- Pour the boiling vinegar mixture over the onions and let sit for at least an hour before putting the lid on and placing it in the fridge.
Prepare the spice mix (store in a jar in the pantry).
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp sumac
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a jar and shake to mix.
Make the tahini sauce (store in an airtight container in the fridge, and bring to room temperature before serving).
- ¼ cup tahini
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 1-3 Tbsp water
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl and mix well to combine, you want it to be a creamy, drizzling consistency so you may need to use 1-3 Tbsp of water to thin it out depending on the tahini you used.