Easy Prawn and Tomato Pasta
- 300g prawns (thawed)
- 1 large brown onion (diced)
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 3 tomatoes diced or cherry tomatoes
- ¾ cup white wine – I like pinot gris, something a little sweet
- 50g butter
- 100-200g fettuccine or spaghetti
- Handful of basil
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Parmesan or Pangrattato – optional as its tasty enough without
- Start by cooking the pasta as per packet instructions.
- In a large pan add olive oil, onion and garlic over medium heat; cook for a few until the onions start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the white wine and butter; season well (I like to have a little taste now as it may need more seasoning, butter or wine)
- Add the prawns and allow to simmer until they cooked.
- Lastly, gently fold the cooked pasta to the prawns and sauce gently folding the sauce in.
- Serve with fresh basil and optional parmesan or pangrattato. Make with love and enjoy with company.
Click here to find out what fills up Sakuras cup, fridge, pantry and belly.