THE FIVE KEY COMPONENTS:
Grains or starchy vegetables
Usually, the base of the is made up of grains and/or starchy vegetables providing a good source of complex carbohydrates to keep you satisfied.
- Roasted root vegetables
Protein is the next important addition as it will keep you fuller for longer, balance your blood sugar levels and can be a good source of flavour and help set the ‘theme’ for your bowl.
- Red meat
Vegetables add colour, texture and fibre!
- Roasted – batch roast a big tray of seasonal veggies.
- Grilled/ sautéed – a great way to add a little extra flavour.
- Steamed – steamed is great when you’re short of time, just make sure you have a delicious dressing and toppings to add the flavour.
- Raw – finely diced into easy-to-eat pieces, grated or finely sliced.
Dressings and sauces
Instead of stocking up on a number of supermarket dressings (usually filled with preservatives and sugars), make your own from your pantry staples – that way you can make a variety of tasty dressings for half the price.
- Simple vinaigrette
- Creamy tahini dressing
- Asian-Inspired dressing
- Hummus, whipped feta, tzatziki (you can also add these as an extra topping)
Toppings and garnishes
To really elevate your bowl, add some toppings and garnishes!
- Extra flavour – fresh herbs
- Something crunchy – roasted nuts and seeds, croutons
- Something creamy – avocado, feta, hummus, dips
- Something sweet – dates, currents or raisins
- Something tangy – pickled onions, kimchi, sauerkraut
- Something spicy – jalapenos, chilli, chilli oil, hot sauce
OUR TOP NOURISH BOWL RECIPES:
Miso Chicken Poke Bowls
Jasmine rice + miso chicken + cabbage, carrot, cucumber, edamame beans + miso sesame dressing + crispy shallots, almonds, pickled ginger.
Vegan Nourish Bowls
Quinoa and roasted sweet potato + crispy lentils + kale + cashew tahini sauce + avocado, sunflower seeds.
Mexican-Inspired Vegetarian Nourish Bowls
Brown rice + Mexican spiced beans + corn, and cos + coriander + pumpkin seeds + sour cream and avocado
Middle Eastern-Inspired Bowl
Quinoa + halloumi + cucumber, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, cos + mint and parsley + olives + red capsicum sauce